Whether you are a sophomore in a residence hall, a faculty member looking for a convenient place to eat with colleagues or a graduate student spending too much time studying to cook, there’s a dining plan for you.
The public is welcome to dine on campus anytime, even without a dining plan! Learn more about public prices and hours of operation.
- On-Campus Dining Plans. If you’re a student living on campus, these plans will keep you well-fed.
- Off-Campus Dining Plans. If you’re a student living off campus, Williams Hall, Van Hoosen Hall or University Apartments, you can still Eat at State.
- Faculty and Staff Dining Plans. Discover how easy it is for faculty and staff to Eat at State.
- Owen Hall Dining Plan. A plan for residents of Owen Hall.
Purchase your dining plan online, today!
Check the Balance on Your Account
Dining plan holders can check their meal balance online. To check your balance, click here. Please note that the link will direct you to the Blackboard Transact website. This website will tell you your dining plan balance as well as your Spartan Cash balance.
MSU Department Meals
University Department Meal Cards (open as pdf). MSU departments may purchase a meal card for business purposes as outlined in the MSU Manual of Business Procedures. Cards are intended for groups of 30 or less. Meal cards are non-refundable and non-returnable. If you lose/misplace your card, a $10 per card reprint fee will apply.
University Department Meal Tickets are available. If you are hosting a small group with more than five members, you can purchase meal tickets. Department cards are suggested for frequent visits to the dining halls. Please save the Meal Ticket Order Form to your computer before you fill it out. Meal tickets are non-refundable and non-returnable. Confirmation of payment must be received before tickets will be released or delivered.
Spartan Cash is a declining balance account available as a free service to MSU students, faculty and staff. Cardholders may access their account by presenting their valid MSU ID at any participating location. Visit www.spartancash.com for more info or call 517-355-2274.
Combo-X-Change: Allows dining plan holders to use a meal access for a combo at Sparty’s, Union Pizzeria, Union Deli, Serrano's, Riverwalk Market at Owen Hall, the Eat at State ON-THE-GO food truck, UP Pizzeria at Crossroads Food Court, or for takeout in the dining halls Monday through Friday.
On-campus students may use Combo-X-Change once per day, Monday through Friday, and off-campus students and faculty and staff may use Combo-X-Change multiple times per day, Monday through Friday.
Residential Dining Business Offices
- River Trail Neighborhood: C103A Owen Hall
- Brody Neighborhood (includes Heritage Commons at Landon): 230 Brody Hall
- South Neighborhood: 231 N Case Hall
- East Neighborhood: C205 Hubbard Hall
- North Neighborhood: (The Gallery): E153 Snyder Hall